Business/Occupational Licenses

A local occupational license is no longer required for the privilege of engaging in business, profession, or occupation within unincorporated Nassau County (see Ordinance No. 2008-05). However, any business located within the limits of a City or Town may be required to pay a local business tax to the municipality. Additionally, certain businesses and professions are regulated by the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation (DBPR) and may require a license from the State. For more information, please visit the Florida License website or call the Customer Contact Center at 850-487-1395.

Specialty and Contractor Licensescan be obtained from the DBPR and will allow you to conduct business anywhere in the State. If you are only looking to conduct business in Nassau County, you can also obtain Contractor and Specialty licenses from the Nassau County Building Department located at 96161 Nassau Place, Yulee, FL 32097. Attached is a list of professions that are required to have a Contractor or Specialty License, as well as the minimum requirements for examination eligibility. If you have any questions, please contact the Building Department at 904-530-6250.


Nassau County Ordinance No. 96-12 requires solid waste haulers which collect residential and commercial waste within the unincorporated areas of the County to obtain a non-exclusive solid waste residential or commercial hauler permit. This permit includes the right and privilege to operate and maintain a trash, garbage and refuse collection and removal service in, upon, over and across the County road system, including by not limited to present and future streets, alleys, bridges, easements and other public places within the limits of the permit and for the purpose of collecting and disposing the trash, garbage or other refuse generated by Nassau County citizens, residents, inhabitants, business enterprises, and other entities. For additional information, please click here