The Convenience Recycling Center
Notice to the Nassau County Residents
The Nassau County Convenience Recycling Center located at 46026 landfill Road Callahan Fl 32011, will accept residential waste generated by Nassau County residents only at no charge. The Convenience Center also accepts for recycling: glass, office paper, cardboard, newspapers, magazines, automotive batteries, scrap metals, plastics (1 & 2's), aluminum cans, tires, electronics and latex paint only. Tube televisions are accepted at the center but not recycled.
Yard waste and residential construction demolition debris (such as carpet and remodeling material) will not be accepted at the Center. These items can be taken to Sandhill Recycle Center located on CR108 in Yulee FL 904-225-2801. Sandhill Recycle Center does charge a fee for these materials since they are not affiliated with Nassau County.
The fees effective April 20, 2019 per Resolution 2019-24 adopted by the Board of County Commissioners are as follows:
- Bagged Residential Household Trash FREE (Hauled directly by Nassau County Residents)
- Pickup Trucks FREE
- Small Trailer (5X8 with no extended sides) FREE
- Large Trailer (Nothing over 6X10, no double axel) FREE
- White Goods (Washer, Dryer, Refrigerator, Stove, Water Heater, Freezer, Air-con) FREE
- Tires Four (4) FREE per year per household. Passenger car/pickup truck tires. Max size P265/75R16
- ( All tires must be off the rim)
- Scrap Metal/Recyclables FREE
- Misc Items Accepted- Furniture, Mattress, TV’s, Old Clothing, Kids Toys, Lawn Furniture FREE
*No more than two (2)loads in a 7day period.
*No rental or foreclosure clean-outs allowed
*Nassau County reserves the right to deny and loads deemed unacceptable.
If you have any questions please call toll free 877-362-5035 or904-530-6700
Hours of Operation are as follows:
Tuesday 8 a.m.------5 p.m. (Closed 12:30 - 1:00 for lunch)
Wednesdays 8 a.m. --------5 p.m. (Closed 12:30 - 1:00 lunch)
Thursday 8 a.m.------5 p.m. (Closed 12:30 - 1:00 for lunch)
Friday 8 a.m.------5 p.m. (Closed 12:30 - 1:00 for lunch)
Saturday 8:30 a.m.---- 12:00 p.m.