Public Records Requests
Public Records Requests:
Nassau County promotes transparency, accountability and accessibility. Public records are defined by Florida Statutes, Chapter 119 and Article 1 Section 24 of the Florida Constitution.
Florida Statutes, Chapter 119, also provides for fees regarding the services involved in Public Records access and duplication.
Nassau County general fees for public records requests are:
- $0.15 per page 8 ½ x 11
- $0.20 front/back 8 ½ x 11
- $0.20 per page 11 x 17
- $0.25 front/back 11 x 17
- $5 per page plans / maps / large scale documents - $0.25 per CD (for documents currently in electronic format)
In addition, pursuant to Florida Statutes, Chapter 119, extensive use of information technology, resources and/or extensive clerical and supervisory assistance by county personnel in retrieval of the requested public records will require payment for the use of such resources and/or labor costs of personnel providing the services. Prepayment may be required in order to initiate extensive services or processes.
Citizens are encouraged to contact Records Management with any questions regarding public records requests at
How to Request Public Records
- Anyone can make a public records request via online form, telephone, email, U.S mail, fax or in person.
- The online records portal can be found here.
- The email address is email@example.com; the fax number is 904-321-2658 and the mailing address is 96135 Nassau Place, Suite 6, Yulee, Florida 32097.
- Information / records requests are not required to be in writing and the person making the request is not required to identify him/herself.
- Most public records requests are completed within 2-3 business days, depending on how specific the request is and the research time required to complete the request
Additional Open Government Resources:
- Government in the Sunshine Manual published by the First Amendment Foundation, or call 1- 800-337-3518.
- Frequently asked questions online