Click to Home
HomeContact Us
Go To Search

Affordable Housing
Affordable Housing Advisory Committee
The Board of County Commissioners recognizes that all persons should have access to safe, decent and affordable housing. In March 2017, the Board approved Resolution No. 2017-99 which established a Committee to review current affordable housing options and to identify opportunities for establishing future affordable housing options. The Resolution includes Committee member names and the criteria they represent in accordance with Florida Statute, Section 420.9076.

The Affordable Housing Advisory Committee (AHAC) meets on the third Wednesday of each month at 4:00 p.m. in the Commission Chambers located at 96135 Nassau Place, Yulee, FL 32097 (James S. Page Governmental Complex). Meetings are open to the public.

AHAC Agendas and Minutes

Meeting Agendas


Approved Meeting Minutes

State Housing Initiatives Partnership
Nassau County participates in the State Housing Initiatives Partnership (SHIP) Program which provides affordable housing assistance to very low, low, and moderate-income families who meet all the requirements listed in Florida Statutes, Section 420.907, Florida Administrative Code 67-37, and Nassau County's Local Housing Assistance Plan (LHAP).

Applications are only available when funding is available. Please click here for an overview of the SHIP Program.

Carol Gilchrist, Grants Coordinator
96135 Nassau Place, Suite 2
Yulee, FL 32097
Phone: (904) 530-6020

Useful Links
Fernandina Beach Housing Authority (Section 8 and Public Housing Agency)
1300 Hickory Street
Fernandina Beach, FL 32034
Phone: (904) 261-5051
To locate affordable (rental) housing communities, please visit Affordable Housing Online to search by city.

Home  |  Print Page  |  RSS  |  Site Map  |  Accessibility  |  Powered by CivicPlus  |  Copyright Notices
Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.