Notice of Special Magistrates Meetings for the Value Adjustment Board.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN, pursuant to Florida Statutes 196.194, that Special Magistrates for the Value Adjustment Board for Nassau County, Florida (VAB), will commence hearings on October 17, 2018 at 10:00 a.m. The purpose is to hear and make recommendations to the Value Adjustment Board for denial of Agricultural classification and the following types of exemptions: homestead; age 65 and over, disabled, disabled veteran, deployed military, total and permanent disability, veteran’s service connected, and disabled veteran discount. The VAB is also scheduled to commence hearings regarding appeals seeking review and adjustment of the Market or Classified Use Value of real property and/or tangible personal property and any late filed tax exemptions or Agricultural classifications brought before them as follows: November 1, 6, 7, 14, 15, and 27, 2018; December 4, and 5, 2018; and January 8, and 9, 2019 if needed. Said hearings will be held at the Commission Chambers or the commissioners’ conference room located at the James S. Page Governmental Complex, 96135 Nassau Place, Yulee, Florida. Hearings may be continued.
Lists are maintained by the office of A. Michael Hickox, Property Appraiser for Nassau County, of all applicants for exemption who have had their applications for exemption wholly or partially approved or denied, as well as applicants seeking review and adjustment of Market or Classified Use Value of real property. Exemptions included on said lists are as follows:
• Homestead – all categories (FS 193.703, FS 196.031, FS 196.075, FS 196.082; FS 196.173, FS 196.202);
• A change of ownership under FS.193.155(3); a change of ownership or control under FS 193.1554(5) or FS 193.1555(5), or a qualifying improvement under FS 193.1555(5) has occurred.
• Disability – all categories (FS 196.081, FS 196.091, FS 196.101, FS 196.202; FS 196.24);
• Widow’s and widower’s exemptions (FS 196.202);
• Licensed child care facility in enterprise zone (196.095);
• Tangible personal property (FS 196.183);
• Institutional – charitable, religious, scientific, literary, educational (FS 196.196, FS 196.1961, FS 196.197, FS 196.1975, FS 196.1977, FS 196.1978, FS 196.198, FS 196.1983, FS 196.1985, FS 196.1986,
FS 196.1987, FS 196.1999, FS 196.2001 and FS 196.2002);
• Government property (FS 196.1993, FS 196.199);
• Parcels granted economic development (FS196.1995);
• Historic property (FS 196.1961, FS 196.1997, FS 196.1998);
• Land dedicated in perpetuity for conservation purposes (FS 196.26).
• Certain totally and permanently disabled first responders; surviving spouse carryover (FS 196.102)
Said lists are available to the public in the office of the Property Appraiser, James S. Page Governmental Complex, 96135 Nassau Place, Suite 4, Yulee, Florida, between the hours of 9:00 AM and 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday, except legal holidays.
The public is invited to be present. If a person decides to appeal any decision made by the Board, agency or commission with respect to any matter considered at such meeting or hearing, he or she will need a record of the proceedings, and that, for such purpose, may need to ensure that a verbatim record of the proceedings is made, which record includes the testimony and evidence upon which the appeal is to be based.
Individuals with disabilities needing a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in this proceeding should contact the office of the Ex-Officio Clerk at (904) 548-4662, or if hearing impaired, 1-800-955-8770 (v) or 1-800-955- 8771 (TDD), Florida Relay Service. A 72-hour advance notice is needed in order to accommodate such requests.
DATED THIS 20th day of September, 2018.
John A. Crawford, Ex-Officio Clerk
Value Adjustment Board, Nassau County, Florida